Saturday, January 31, 2009

Visiting Lonely Moms in Prison

I was a missionary for Jesus. Today I went to visit a prison, with some of my friends. There where over 200 prisoners. The men and women were separated.

I helped give the prisoners some gifts, like sandals and soap. I sang songs with my brother, Dad, and some friends. We sang songs in English and even in Thai!

In the Woman's prison, I passed out prayer cards, and the ladies wrote down their requests to God. These moms are very lonely, and miss their kids.

One of the ladies made tiny hats & strawberries out of beads! She gave me one.

For my blog readers:
  • Have you ever gone to visit people in prison?
  • How would you feel if you were all alone, and no one to visit you?
  • Tell me about your visit to a lonely mom in prison

1 comment:

girlwithmoxy said...

WE haven't ever visited a prison, but we go to visit a nursing home every week for a couple hours. The people there are lonely and they love to have company. It's kind of the same thing. We share Jesus' love with them by spending time with them! Can you put more pictures on your blog? We like pictures!