Sunday, January 03, 2010

Prickly Cacti Fun!

Have you ever had prickly cacti fun?

One of the Pathfinder honors that our family has done is the cacti honor.


Some Facts About Cacti

Did you know that the thorns on a cactus are really
spines. Spines are not thorns!



North America has the most variety of cacti in the world.

One cactus fruit that I like to eat is Dragon fruit.


I had fun learning about them, where they grow & their different parts. This cactus flower was over 40 feet tall!



To learn more about this fun Pathfinder honor click here to go to the Wikipedia Cacti Honor site.

Questions for my blog readers
  1. Do you have the Cacti pathfinder honor?
  2. Have you ever raised a cactus before?
  3. What's your favorite cactus you like to eat?

2 comments:

ldickey said...

My name is Rachel, from Birmingham Alabama, USA. I enjoyed your blog. We learn about missionaries in our Awana club. I'm going to share this with my friends tonight at club. I will be praying for you and your family.

Khun Kruu said...

Josh, I do have the cacti honor. It was one of the honors I earned when I was about your age. Of course, I didn't know anything about dragon fruit at that time, but now I can say I have eaten it also. I never really liked the flavor, but I like the crunchy seeds! Another cactus I have eaten is called "tuna" in Spanish. I was introduced to it when I was a student missionary in Mexico. The best way to eat it is in a cold salad. It is kind of slimy. The worst part of eating "tuna" is fixing it because of all those nasty spines!

How many honors do you have now?

Mrs. Esther =)