Friday, January 07, 2011

Sea Creatures


Last night we walked along the beach in Hua Hin, Thailand. The tide was low about 8 or 9 pm so we were out there with our flashlights searching for sea life and admiring God's creations. We were exploring for about 1 hour or so, and guess what I found and caught? I caught some shrimp with my bare hands! 


Me and my Dad also caught some other interesting fish and crabs too! Really cool ones - like this flat fish!

 
They were swimming in a tide pool along the sandbar we were walking on. My mom says I am pretty brave to catch them with my bare hands.

We were sad to see many really big jellyfish that were washed ashore as well. We were sad to find them dead. I love to explore and see all the different sea creatures that God has made. And I know that when we get to heaven, we will enjoy all the creatures and never find any sick or dead.

The night before, my mom found a flying fish that had gotten stranded when the tide went out. It was so interesting and pretty big. I wish I could show you a picture, but we didn't have the camera with us that night. But don't worry, the picture is in our heads. It was still alive so my mom carefully scooped it up with the mound of sand it was laying on and walked out a ways into the waves and set it free. We had a good feeling to watch it swim happily away.

Questions:
-Have you ever found a cool sea animal?
-What was it?
-What is your favorite sea creature?  Write me and tell me about it!

1 comment:

Khun Kruu said...

Hi Hannah! Those pictures are great, and it sounds like you really had a fun time at Hua Hin. I can't believe you don't have to go back to school until the 10th..... We've been in school already for a week.

We went to the Daytona Beach beach on Christmas and saw some really pretty starfish. My favorite sea creature would have to be dolphins, although I like just about all animals.

Thank you for writing!

Mrs. Esther =)