Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dragon Fruit

One of the fruits in Thailand is dragon fruit. It has another name, pitaya.  It comes in several colors - white and dark plum color.  It has little tiny seeds that you can eat.


The taste is very mild.  It tastes better when it is cold. 
 
Guess how it grows?  It grows on a cactus. 


To learn more about this fruit, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya

Questions for my blog readers:
  1. Have you ever tasted dragon fruit?  How would you describe its taste?
  2. What's your favorite fruit?
 Write and tell me!

1 comment:

Khun Kruu said...

Hannah, we ate dragon fruit when we were in Thailand. In fact, there's a plant of it in front of Uni-Tech, where we lived! I didn't care too much for it because it didn't seem to taste much like anything..... We read it was a good source of the mineral iron, though. I like the texture of dragon fruit, just like I like the texture of kiwi!

My favorite fruit continues to be papaya, with mangos and pineapples right behind!