Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Class at School


I am in second grade at my new school. My teacher's name is Ms. Marie. She is from the Philippines. There are 8 students in my class, 4 girls and 4 boys. Five of my classmates are Thai, one girl is from Sri Lanka, a boy is from India. Most Thais go by their nicknames because their given names are very difficult to pronounce, and there last names are very, very long and even harder to pronounce. For this reason, most adults are addressed as Mr. Tom, or Ma'am Sue, instead of using there very long last names.

I like math and Bible class because they are easy. My hardest class is Thai. I take Thai at school three days a week and it is a hard language to learn, but I am learning. It is a tonal language with 5 tones so being musical helps in learning this language.

No comments: