Saturday, April 14, 2007

Learning to speak a new language

A Guest Interview with Dani, A Missionary Kid

Sometimes it's tough being a missionary kid. Because we have to move from our home to go to a foreign country to share God’s love. I
have lived four different countries of the world. It's also tough to learn other languages. Because you have to learn the language before you can communicate with other people.

The first time I came to Thailand,
it was pretty tough for me because I didn't know how to speak either English or Thai. It was pretty tough for the first few months. I couldn't communicate with people at all! One day a classmate said to me, “Do you want to be my friend?” Then I said in my thoughts, “Thank you Lord!” because she was an American girl and she taught me how to speak English.

God strengthened me by putting tons of knowledge in my brain so I can learn other languages. I thank God for that because now I’m one of the top students in my class and I’m really thankful for that.

No comments: