Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bamboo School


Guest Interview with Joelle

Last week we went to the Bamboo School. We drove a ways through different cities, and then we started climbing up the mountain. It took a long time. Finally we found the person who was going to help us go the rest of the way to the Bamboo School. We saw a village and it was the Bamboo School. But the lady said it was not. It was the village right before it .

We got there and all the kids came running out to meet us. They were so glad to have visitors.

The Bamboo School is a night school! These people are from the Karen tribe. They have to study at the Thai school to get a Thai Visa so they can work in Thailand. At this school kids live and work. Before the Burmese and Thais were fighting over the land. Most of the kids witnessed their parents death! This school is helping these poor kids.

It really was nice to see the happy faces of all the little kids, when I gave them the toys I brought with me.

I babysat this little baby boy who was both deaf, blind, and retarded. I felt so sad 4 him .

I'm glad God called me to go to the Bamboo School with my family.

No comments: