Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stamp Collecting


When you go to another country you have the opportunity to collect stamps.

You can learn a lot about another country from their stamps.

One thing I have learned about Thailand through stamp collecting is about the King. I learned about the King’s hobbies, and how the King likes to help the people of Thailand.


Another thing I learned through stamp collecting is what the houses of Thailand looks like. Some of the old houses of Thailand are made of wood, and are built up on stilts. The houses have stilts because it floods, and if your house is on stilts then it won’t wash away. If there is a huge tidal wave it could wash away.


I have some stamps with crabs on them. The crabs have many colors. One crab is black & white. Another crab is red, white and blue. I haven’t seen these crabs before, but I did see a gray crab at the beach.

Thailand has tall mountains, sandy white beaches, loud waterfalls and coconut trees. It looks beautiful! I haven’t been to all of the places that I’ve seen on the stamps, but by collecting the stamps I can see lots of places.

Stamp collecting is fun!

2 comments:

Brent Hardinge said...

Thanks, Josh for the great information and the lovely images of the stamps! Keep up the good writing!

Unknown said...

I just found the connection to the stamps that you sent to us. Thank you for the beautiful stamps and the start of a great collection!!