Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Ancient City


We went to the Ancient City today. The Ancient City is a huge park that is shaped like Thailand. It has 320 acres of land with copies of the ancient buildings from all around Thailand. There are over 116 buildings to explore! I liked the King's Palace the best, because it's pretty!

We ate popcorn and other snacks for lunch.
The Ancient City has all kinds of trails, and we rode bikes around the park. We rented bikes for the whole day for only 50 THB (1.50 USD)! Some of the trails are hidden, and I had fun exploring these. We raced with our bikes and I won.

It was so fun I would like to go back again.
Questions for my blog readers:
  1. What's the most interesting park you've gone to?
  2. Why do you like it?
You can explore the Ancient City online by going to their website at www.ancientcity.com/en

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Josh-The Ancient City looks very ornate and very pretty. I think my favorite park that I visited was down in Georgia. We rode a small uncovered train around this huge monolith at Georgia's Stone Mountain Park. Then at the top of the rock, you could take a gondola ride back down. In the evening, there was a laser show displayed on the rock face, near where carvings of Confederate General's faces were carved into the stone. It was a really cool place that takes you back in time to the Civil War era. The website for that park is: http://www.stonemountainpark.com/
I was glad to see the pictures of the par you went to. Thanks for sharing!